Carlisle Companies Incorporated has a long and proud history which began in 1917, when Charles S. Moomy opened Carlisle Tire and Rubber Company in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, to sell inner tubes to Montgomery Ward and Company. With thirty employees Carlisle Tire and Rubber Company began producing automobile inner tubes. The Company continued to grow and prosper through the 1920s. In the 1980s Carlisle acquired a company that manufactured compression-molded plastic and melamine dinnerware, and later a company that manufactured foodservice equipment and supplies, which was the beginning of what today is Carlisle FoodService Products.
// end footer